Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Skid Row - Jan 12

On a whim, similar to the one that took me to see the Squirrel Nut Zippers a few weeks ago, this weekend was spent on a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to see Skid Row. Yes, Skid Row.

I've never been a fan of the band. Their monstrous hit, "18 and Life," was so overplayed when it was released that it ruined the band for me, and I paid no attention to their other songs. Now, some twenty years later, I end up in a club the size of my living room hearing them play "Youth Gone Wild," "Monkey Business," "I Remember You," and others. The strange thing: they were really good!

Sure, they have a different drummer. Sure, the singer isn't Sebastian Bach. Still, the band sounded great, the singer did a fine job, and the show was fun for all. If you have a chance, I'd recommend seeing them.

No comments: